Content Partner Program
We are not all experts at writing inspiring content and the good news is, we don’t have to be.
Federation Council has partnered with John Ryan a digital content pioneer from Sitegeist to assist ten lucky North of the Murray tourism businesses to review and improve your online content.
Together we offer a facilitated coordinated review of your written digital content, conducted by one of Australia's foremost travel content experts.
About John and Sitegeist
John worked in traditional tourism publishing before joining travel giant Lonely Planet in 1998, working on web content.
Over almost a decade John coordinated web content, developed online products and was the 6-time Webby-Award-winning editor of the LP website. John won the Society of American Travel Writers' gold medal for best travel writer. He is not American.
Since starting his own digital content consultancy in 2007, John has helped prominent Aussie businesses with their websites, including major work for Coles, the ADF, World Vision, CUB, Sydney Water, Sustainability Victoria, ANZ, Medibank, RMIT University, City of Melbourne, NASA, Disney Australia and many, many more.
John's main love is travel and destination content: he has worked for Murray Regional Tourism (and many of the LGAs along the Murray) since 2015, as well as Viator (US), GAP Adventures (Canada), City of Ballarat, Qantas, Jetstar and more.
Visit the Sitegeist website to find out more.
What exactly is on offer here?
The North of the Murray Content Partner Program commences with a telephone conversation with John Ryan to understand your business, your property, and why people should visit.
Following this, we will undertake the following actions:
The written content review begins…
- Home page words review.
- Notes on design, language, readability and usability.
- Suggested content revisions (real written content provided).
- Includes page title and metadata, which influence search engine optimisation (SEO).
- Written content review.
- Assessment of introduction/static content ("About", etc.).
- Suggested changes to align with site (if needed).
- Australian Tourism Data Warehouse Content Review.
- Ensure top-quality, specific and differentiated content.
- Ensure search optimisation re:- region, site highlights, regional attractions.
- Scannable, plain English and easy to read.
- Content consistency with website and Facebook.
Content review (as described): $500 plus GST.
Cost to Operator
As part of the North of the Murray Content Partner Program the content package is marginally subsidised by Federation Council resulting in a reduced cost per operator of: $50 plus GST.
What else do you need to know?
There are 10 partnerships available in total for tourism businesses within Federation Council. The partnerships will be allocated on a first in best dressed basis with two partnerships available under each of the following categories;
- Food and Drink.
- History Arts and Culture.
- Outdoor Adventure.
Businesses wishing to participate in the partnership must have a;
- business Facebook page, and
- current ATDW listing.
To ensure the success of the program we need 100% commitment from you. A promise that you will;
- Make a payment of $50 plus GST in line with Federation Council's invoice terms. (No activity will commence until payment has been receipted).
- Be respectful and available at the agreed time allocated for your phone consult.
- Apply the provided content to your website, Facebook and ATDW listing within 10 working days from the date it is supplied to you.
- Include the provided North of the Murray Discover our Region content linking to the North of the Murray website.
- Apply proof of the content application on the noted marketing platforms.
- The partnership will expire on the 31st of December 2021, the operator may continue to use the content, but no content will be delivered after this date.
- Complete the Expression of Interest Form.
Read full details about the North of the Murray Content Partner Program below.