Community Drug Action Team Committee
Who is the Federation Community Drug Action Team?
The Federation CDAT is a coalition of community members, representatives from government agencies, non- government service providers and others who respond to alcohol and other drug issues in our community by developing and implementing primary prevention and harm minimisation activities.
What does the Federation Community Drug Action Team aim to do?
Federation CDAT aims to:
- Build strong partnerships amongst community members, local service providers and government and non-government organisations across a range of sectors by encouraging stakeholder and community engagement and participation.
- Identify legal and illegal drug and alcohol related problems in the local community.
- Increase community knowledge and awareness of legal and illegal drug and alcohol harms and related social, health and wellbeing problems.
- Develop locally based initiatives to prevent uptake of illicit drug use, and the misuse of legal drugs and alcohol, in order to reduce drug and alcohol related harms.
- Collaborate with a common goal in addressing local legal and illegal alcohol and other drug related issues.
What is the role of the Federation Community Drug Action Team?
Community Drug Action Team Committee members are in general expected to:
- Attend and participate in meetings for the Community Drug Action Team Committee. Attendance can be in person or via a communication platform such as phone or video conferencing.
- Take an active role in communicating the views of residents and organisations to Council related to drug and alcohol use.
- Provide feedback to Council via the Council Officer assigned to convene the Committee.
- Keep the Committee informed of current and emerging developments, and issues and activities relevant to the Committee.
- Respond to requests for input into and/or feedback on Council strategies, projects and programs.
- Assist Council to deliver an event or associated activity.
When does the Federation Community Drug Action Team meet?
Meetings will be held monthly. Members can join face to face or via video conferencing.
Who are members of Federation Community Drug Action Team?
Members of the 2020/2021 Community Drug Action Team Committee will be announced end of September/early October 2020.
Current Membership Vacancies
Nominations for community representatives for the Community Drug Action Team Committee have now closed.
The committee currently has 12 vacant community representative positions.