Federation Disability Advisory Committee
What does the Disability Advisory Committee do?
The purpose of the Federation Disability Advisory Committee is to provide Council with advice on inclusion, access and equality, along with issues and barriers facing people with a disability and on the implementation of the Council’s Disability Inclusion Action Plan 2018-2021.
What is the role of the Disability Advisory Committee?
Disability Advisory Committee members are in general expected to:
- Attend and participate in meetings for the Disability Advisory Committee. Attendance can be in person or via a communication platform such as phone or video conferencing.
- Take an active role in communicating the views of residents and organisations to Council related to disability.
- Provide feedback to Council via the Council Officer assigned to convene the Committee.
- Keep the Committee informed of current and emerging developments, and issues and activities relevant to the Committee.
- Respond to requests for input into and/or feedback on Council strategies, projects and programs.
- Contribute expertise and knowledge on the implementation of Council’s Disability Inclusion Action Plan 2018-2021.
- Assist Council to deliver an event or activity attached to National Day of a Disability.
When does the Disability Advisory Committee meet?
Members can join face to face or via video conferencing.
Who are members of this committee?
Members of the 2020/2021 Disability Advisory Committee will be announced in August 2020.
Current Membership Vacancies
Council will call for nominations for community representatives of the Federation Disability Advisory Committee in July 2020.
If you would like to join or discuss a matter with the Disability Advisory Committee, please contact Council.