Planning for an Event
Planning an event is a big task and can often be an overwhelming experience, whether you are a first time event organiser or coordinate events for a living.
Federation Council is here to help! We've developed some guidelines(PDF, 3MB) to assist event organisers plan a successful event. You can access this resource at the bottom of the page.
Event organisers are encouraged to make use of the guidelines when preparing their application to Council (if their event is held on Council land). This will ensure that all areas are addressed and will assist with the overall event planning process.
Please remember that any event being held on Federation Council land must have written approval.
An application(PDF, 554KB) must be submitted to Council no less than four months prior to your event along with a completed risk assessment. The application form and risk assessment template(PDF, 423KB) are available at the bottom of this page to download.
How else can we help?
- Our Federation Council Events & Conference Profile may assist you in the initial stages of developing your event.
- We maintain an events database which centrally registers future events scheduled in the Federation Council area. This can be helpful, particularly when planning event dates.
- We can provide guidance on suitable venues/locations and help with booking Federation Council facilities.
- We can provide assistance with approvals if your event requires traffic management for Federation Council and State roads.
- We'll be happy to offer advice about food safety regulations and requirements.
- We can provide assistance with major grant applications for event funding.
Federation Council can also provide additional support to your event on a cost recovery basis. This includes things such as additional rubbish collection, providing equipment and resources and street sweeping.
Please contact Council on (02) 6033 8999 to discuss your event needs.