Ageing Well Strategy
Following months of consultation with the community, the Draft Ageing Well Strategy 2018 - 2021(PDF, 2MB) was presented to Council at the Ordinary Council Meeting on Tuesday 15 May, 2018.
The document was endorsed by Council and has now been placed on public exhibition to provide the opportunity for the community to review and submit feedback.
The strategy will support positive ageing in the Federation Council area by ensuring suitable services and facilities are in place to meet the changing needs of an ageing population. It aims to assist Council to;
- Understand the changing needs of the various communities within Federation Council.
- Direct its investment in infrastructure, service provision, programs and resources to support healthy ageing and meet community needs.
- Advocate for, and develop integrated responses to, issues outside of Council’s control where Council may lead or partner with other organisations.
Preparation of the draft document has involved;
- The establishment of a Steering Committee with 11 Senior Ambassadors from across the Council area.
- Literature reviews and data analysis.
- Consultations with 118 senior residents through 12 focus groups.
- Consultations with 23 service providers.
- A community survey with 239 responses.
- A review of Council’s policies, strategies and plans.
- The development of a background paper.
- Consultation with key council staff.
Council is inviting residents to review the draft Ageing Well Strategy and provide any feedback by 5pm Wednesday 13 June, 2018.
The draft plan is available for viewing below or at any Council office. Anyone interested in providing feedback on the plan should do so in writing, addressed to the General Manager, PO Box 77, Corowa NSW 2646 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ageing Well Ambassadors