Commercial Use of Footpaths and Roads Policy & Procedure
Councils draft Commercial Use of Footpaths & Roads Policy has been reviewed and endorsed by Council at its December Ordinary Meeting.
The purpose of this policy is to:
- Provide a mechanism for the regulation of outdoor dining, street vending and street advertising.
- Ensure the appropriate commercial use of Council’s footpaths and roads and manage any associated risks.
- Maintain road safety and pedestrian access.
- Ensure activities are compatible within the space and positively contribute to the streetscape.
- Encourage trade to benefit the local economy and create a vibrant and attractive environment.
The draft policy is being placed on public exhibition for a period of 28 days.
A procedure supports this policy and provides more detailed information for businesses including the application process, assessment criteria and standard conditions of approval.
Council is inviting the community to review the draft policy and procedure and provide any feedback by 5pm Wednesday 5 February, 2020.
The draft policy is available for viewing below or at any Council office. Anyone interested in providing feedback on the policy should do so in writing, addressed to the General Manager, PO Box 77, Corowa NSW 2646 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org