Community Strategic Plan, Delivery Program & Operational Plan 2018
Federation Council is pleased to present its first ever draft 2028 Community Strategic Plan (CSP), and corresponding Delivery Program and Operational Plan.
These guiding documents will constitute the key overarching vision and strategy for the Federation Council local government area, responding to the issues that are most important to the community in relation to the community, economy, built and natural environment, governance, and infrastructure.
This follows an extensive community engagement program, including a telephone survey of 225 respondents and nine community workshops attended by 245 residents and stakeholders. The consultation process identified five key outcomes that are important to the community – and will underpin our future work. The key themes are:
- Built Federation: Maintained and improved infrastructure that meets the needs of residents and industry
- Economic Federation: Growing, progressive and prosperous communities that build on sustainable manufacturing, agriculture and tourism, close proximity to other centres on both sides of the Murray and affordability
- Natural Federation: Sustainable rural landscapes and waterways offering tranquillity and attractive recreational spaces
- Social Federation: Close-knit and welcoming communities where people come together and support each other
- Well-Governed Federation: Strong civic leadership supporting equity across communities and effective communication with residents
The draft Community Strategic Plan is part of a suite of documents that are integral to the Councils Integrated Planning and reporting process and includes the draft Delivery Program, outlining our key actions over the next three years, the draft Operational Plan , outlining responsibilities and key performance indicators and the draft Resourcing Strategy. The draft Resourcing Strategy ensures the strategic matching of resources to the priorities and actions to be delivered by Council and includes Councils Asset Management Strategy, Workforce Strategy and Long-Term financial Plan.
The draft CSP and other documents will be on exhibition til 22 June 2018, during which time the community is encouraged to provide feedback into the future of our area, and following which Council will consider prior to adopting these plans and programs.
Feedback must be provided in writing. Submissions are welcomed until 22 June 2018 and should be addressed to the General Manager, PO Box 77, Corowa NSW 2646. Submissions and feedback can also be emailed to email@example.com
The plans can be downloaded below or are available to inspect from Councils’ offices:
Corowa Office: 100 Edward St, Corowa NSW
Urana Office: 30 William St, Urana NSW
Howlong Office: 59 Hawkins St, Howlong NSW
Mulwala Office: 71 Melbourne St, Mulwala NSW
25 May 2018 - Submissions open for feedback on the draft Community Strategic Plan, draft Delivery Program and Operational Plan.
22 June 2018 - Submissions close at 5.00pm for feedback on the draft Community Strategic Plan, draft Delivery Program and Operational Plan.
26 June 2018 – Council will consider all feedback and a final draft of the Community Strategic Plan, draft Delivery Program and Operational Plan and draft Resourcing Strategy.
2018/19 Financial Plan and Long Term Financial Plan
In accordance with the new Local Government Integrated Planning and Reporting Framework, Council has prepared a draft 2018/19 Financial Plan as well as a Long Term 2018 – 2028 Financial Plan. These Plans are prepared in accordance with the NSW Local Government Act and include the following:
- A rating structure for the year 2013/2014 to be effective from 1 July 2018;
- A full listing of all fees and charges to be charged by Council for the 2018/2019 year;
- A detailed statement of the proposed Estimates of Income and Expenditure for the period 2018 – 2028 together with a statement of the proposed budgets for those years.
Budget Information Sessions
Interested community members are encouraged to attend one of the upcoming Budget Information sessions to be held at various locations across the Council area where the draft budget will be presented:
Date Time Location
Monday, 28 May 2018 6.00 pm Oaklands RSL Bowling Club
Tuesday, 29 May 2018 6.00 pm Mulwala Resource Centre
Wednesday, 30 May 2018 6.00 pm Howlong Golf Resort
Monday, 4 June 2018 6.00 pm Urana Bowling Club
Tuesday, 5 June 2018 6.00 pm Corowa RSL Club
At the June Council meeting, to be held on Tuesday 27 June, Council will consider all submissions and adopt a final budget and set of plans for implementation from 1 July 2018.
We appreciate your feedback regarding the preparation of Council’s draft planning documents and thank you for taking the time to complete this form.
Please note comments made in this form may be made public, however will remain anonymous. Contact details are strictly confidential and will not be made public.
Thank you for providing your feedback.