Public Art Strategy
Federation Council endorsed its draft Public Art Strategy at the June Council meeting and has placed the document on public exhibition to seek feedback from the community.
The Public Art Policy has been developed to identify vision, themes and procedures and to guide the delivery of quality public art that reflects the aspirations of the people within the Federation Council area. The policy reflects current priorities and aspirations identified from within Council and with consideration of community consultation outcomes.
The Policy aims to:
- Develop a sense of identity and pride in the Council area.
- Create high quality public spaces through the integration of public art, urban and landscape design.
- Support the delivery of innovative and quality contemporary public art for the Council area.
- Increase the understanding and enjoyment of contemporary art by the community.
- Create opportunities for social inclusion through engagement practices that celebrate the diversity of the community.
- Encourage the incorporation of public art within key commercial developments.
Council is inviting the public to provide comment of the draft Public Art Strategy.
The draft strategy is available for downloading from this page, at any Council office between 8.30am and 5.00pm, Monday to Friday, or by calling 02 6033 8999.
Anyone interested in providing feedback on the strategy should do so in writing, addressed to the General Manager, PO Box 77, Corowa NSW 2646 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit in person at one of the Council offices.
Submission will be received until 5pm, Monday 30 July 2018.