Federation Arts and Cultural Advisory Committee
What does the Federation Arts & Cultural Advisory Committee do?
The Federation Arts & Cultural Advisory Committee provide Council with strategic advice and informed feedback about arts and cultural development in the Federation Council area.
Role of the Federation Arts and Cultural Committee
Specific duties of the Arts & Cultural Advisory Committee includes the following:
- Prepare for, attend and participate in meetings and other planned activities. Attendance can be in person or via a communication platform such as phone or video conferencing.
- Contribute expertise and knowledge on the implementation of Council’s Arts and Cultural Strategy 2021-2025.
- Take an active role in communicating the views of residents and organisations to Council related to arts and culture.
- Provide guidance, advice and feedback to the Federation Council on proposed arts and cultural developments for the area.
- Provide support Council in promoting greater awareness and understanding of arts and culture as well as tourism and marketing of the municipality’s arts attractions.
- Plan, organise and implement initiatives agreed upon by the committee.
- Respond to requests for input into and/or feedback on Council strategies, projects and programs.
What does the Federation Arts & Cultural Working Group do?
The Federation Arts and Cultural Working Group is a sub-committee of the Federation Arts and Cultural Advisory Committee. This is open to all community members, who wish to be involved based around their interest in a project.
When does the Federation Arts and Cultural Advisory Committee meet?
The Federation Arts and Cultural Advisory Committee meets at the Corowa Civic Centre on the second Monday of the month from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm.
Members can join face to face or via video conferencing.
Current Membership Vacancies
The Arts and Cultural Advisory Committee Terms of Reference have been updated to ensure membership is open to residents from across the Council area, and from a diverse range of interests.
Council is therefore, seeking nominations for eight general positions from residents across the Council area and an additional position dedicated as an indigenous advisor (to provide information, guidance and advice).
Nominations have been extended until Friday 29 October 2021.
If you would like to discuss a matter with the Federation Arts and Cultural Advisory Committee, or register for the Federation Arts and Cultural Working Group, please contact Council.
Download the Federation Arts and Cultural Advisory Committee Terms of Reference, Position Description and Nomination Form (Word accessible) from this page or complete the online Nomination Form below.
Click here to view form.