Lowe Square Playground
Council received an excellent level of constructive input from the Howlong community in respect to priorities for the Lowe Square Playground.
A number of changes were made to the draft plan that was publicly displayed in April 2017 to address the key priorities of the community. Consideration of this feedback resulted in the scale of the playground increasing throughout the design process.
Key changes in accordance with community feedback included:
- Inclusion of a nest swing
- Inclusion of normal swings (including an infant seat)
- Addition of a flying fox
- Additional slides (two double slides of varying heights)
- Inclusion of a large modular piece, connecting various play elements
- Inclusion of a large multi rocker
- Removal of the musical instruments (the above elements were seen as a much higher priority)
- The reuse of the bouncing toys donated by the Opportunity Shop
- Addition of monkey bars
- Existing Shade-Sails will be re-used but all other existing equipment will be removed as it does not meet Playground Standards.
3D drawings of the final playground design are available here(PDF, 5MB) for the community to view.
An application for funding to upgrade the public toilet block at Lowe Square will be made by Council through the Stronger Country Communities program. The upgrade will ensure that the toilet block has disabled access and baby change facilities.
Construction of the playground at Lowe Square is now complete and we are pleased to advise the site has been re-opened to the public.