Community Grants Program Round Two 2020/2021 opening soon
Published on 01 February 2021
Round two of the Federation Council 2020-2021 Community Grants Program will be opening soon, with funds available to help local community groups, organisations and clubs to deliver a range of community projects and events.
Federation Council Mayor, Cr Pat Bourke is encouraging not-for-profit groups and organizations to apply for funding for this year’s Community Grants Program.
“The Community Grants Program is an initiative aiming to empower groups to develop ideas, projects and events that can contribute to the vibrancy and connected community of Federation Council,” Mayor Bourke said.
“We see this as a way to bring forward new ideas and help to develop existing projects to a new height. The grants program is a community focused initiative that gives Federation organisations a way of involving the wider community, their participation in local activities and, championing projects that have a strong economic and social impact.”
Eligible applicants can apply under one of three categories:
- Category 1 – Seed funding grant; to support the establishment of new initiatives, applicable up to $3,000 per applicant.
- Category 2 – Emerging Grant funding; to support the promotion of emerging projects, applicable up to $2,500 available per applicant.
- Category 3 – Community events grant; to support the strategic development for small to medium events, applicable up to $1,500 per applicant.
Eligible applicants can apply for grant funding for one-off projects through one of the nine focus categories:
- Arts And Culture;
- Events & Tourism;
- Community Work and Welfare;
- Skill Development and Learning;
- Health Promotion;
- Accessibility and Inclusion;
- Young People;
- Senior Residence; and
- Children and Families.
“We have a great guide available to all residents and organisations, that can assist with ensuring your application and initiatives are eligible for funding available through our website,” Mayor Bourke said.
“If you are an eligible group and you have a great idea that can benefit the wider community, submit your initiative through the Community Grants Program via our online form which will be available from Monday 8 February to Friday 19 March, 2021.”
To assist with completing the application form, download the frequently asked questions and answers information from the bottom of this page.