Council implement new site restrictions at Corowa Saleyards
Published on 19 March 2020
The Corowa Saleyards is owned and managed by Federation Council and has been operating for more than sixty years. The facility is well respected and utilized by industry professionals across several states throughout Australia.
As a result of the increasing impact of COVID-19 and government recommendations, Federation Council is implementing important amendments to sale day procedures that we wish to notify you of.
Please find below the current measures Council intend to put in place, as of Thursday 19 March 2020 to manage COVID-19 at this point in time.
- Council is implementing minor amendments to site procedures for staff and visitors to minimise the risk to people attending the site, your cooperation is appreciated;
- There is a need to be pragmatic in relation to site attendance, if not absolutely necessary or if people are of high risk then they should not attend, please be mindful to not crowd laneways with buyers to reduce the level of interpersonal contact as per the latest government recommendations;
- Only Agents, buyer’s, transporters, contractors and staff are permitted to attend the Corowa Saleyards until further notice – Council thank you for your cooperation.
- Our saleyard must continue to operate as an effective business and workplace (we are not an event), in accordance with all directives given by relevant health authorities;
- It is our obligation to continue to ensure continuity of business operations at our saleyard site and we will continue to work with you and your clients to achieve this outcome;
- Council is monitoring government updates daily;
- Council will continue to update you as required, and we look forward to working with the agents and vendors to keep our industry and businesses functioning.
Federation Council Mayor Pat Bourke said new signage will be installed at the Corowa Saleyards in the coming days which will assist the public in being notified of site attendance changes.
“We appreciate your continued support throughout this time and look forward to continuing to achieve great quality outcomes for you and the industry during this challenging time.”
This information is current, as of Thursday 19 March 2020.