Start dusting of the stored decorations, untangle the twinkling fairy lights, test the inflatable Reindeer, and start planning with your neighbours the most festive, and creative Christmas display.
It is time to enter the 2021 Light up Federation Christmas Lights and Decorations Competition!
Federation Council is inviting residents and businesses to enter their dazzling display to go into the running to win a share of $1,000.
The three categories for this year’s competition include:
- Best Decorated House
- Best Decorated Business
- Best Decorated Street
To register, submit the online entry form below or complete a hardcopy form at any Council office or Library. Entries close 5:00 pm Friday 10 December, 2021.
“I can’t wait to take my family to see the streets and houses across the Council area decorated,” said General Manager, Adrian Butler. “I think we could all do with some extra magic and sparkle this year!”
To help you arrange your drive to see the lights and decorations a flyer of all registered homes and businesses will be available from Monday 13 December, at all Council offices and libraries. The flyer can also be downloaded from the Council’s website.
Residents and visitors are encouraged to vote for their favourite display by jumping on the Council website and completing the voting form.
Voting closes Friday 7 January 2022 with the winner to be announced via the Council’s Facebook page and Snippets in the Howlong Grapevine, Urana District Newsletter, Corowa Free Press and Yarrawonga Chronicle.
How to enter
To register, simply complete the online form below or download the hardcopy form and email to email@example.com, or complete a hardcopy at any Council office or Library. Entries from residents and business owners are open until Friday 10 December 2021.
• BEST DECORATED HOUSE: $800.
• BEST DECORATED STREET: sign will be placed below existing street sign recognizing the success.
• BEST DECORATED BUSINESS: $200 and a decal with their winning title to display.
Residents and visitors will be encouraged to vote for their favourite display once entries close.
So you can arrange to drive by the lights and decorations and cast your vote, a flyer of all registered homes and businesses along with the Voting Form will be available from all Council offices and Libraries, as well as in download form from Council's website.
Voting will close on Friday 7 January 2022 with the winners notified and invited to attend Council's Australia Day celebrations to be formally recognised and congratulated on their achievement.
Terms and Conditions
- Entry to the Light Up Federation Christmas Lights and Decoration Competition is free.
- All entries must be located within the Federation Council area to be eligible to enter and win.
- Entrants are required to submit a completed Light Up Federation Application Form by Friday 10 December 2021.
- All entries are advertised. By entering this competition you agree to have the address of your house, or street or business listed on the Light up Federation Christmas Lights and Decoration Competition flyer.
- Council will not be responsible or liable for damaged or stolen Christmas decorations (including lights) or damage to other property.
- Entrants must take into consideration their local environment and neighbours and ensure their displays present no danger to the general public. Consideration must be given to the noise and levels of light emitted by your display.
- The winner of each category will be the house, or business or street with the most votes as at 5pm Friday 7 January 2022.
- Voters are able to vote once in each category.
- Voters do not have to be residents or ratepayers within the Federation Council area.
- Once votes have been tallied, results are final.
- Winners of the Best Decorated House and the Best Decorated Business will need to register as a creditor with Federation Council and nominate a bank account for their prize to be paid. Council will not pay cash or alter the prize.