Federation Age Friendly Engagement and Communication Guide
Federation Council in collaboration with the Ageing Well Advisory Committee has developed an Age-Friendly Engagement and Communication Guide(PDF, 2MB) as part of its ongoing commitment to genuine community engagement.
The purpose of this guide is to ensure Council and the wider community are aware of the needs of our older population when communicating about services, information and activities.
The Age-Friendly Engagement and Communication Guide is intended as a source of reference for the Council, businesses, community organisations, or anyone with a passion to improve the quality of communication with our senior residents and visitors.
The guidelines aim to help:
- Council to effectively engage with older people by actively involving them in the planning, development, delivery, monitoring and review of council services.
- Create more accessible written information both printed and online.
- Use language to effectively communicate with the community.
- Promote the use of best practice design elements by council and the broader community.
- To dispel the stereotypes and negative attitudes that concern older people and the process of ageing.
While the focus of this guide is on older people, the advice contained within is relevant to communicating with all residents and visitors to the Federation Council area.
We hope this guide provides useful information.