NSW Planning Portal
Federation Council uses electronic lodgement of Development Applications (DA), Construction Certificates (CC) and Complying Development Applications (CDC) through the NSW Planning Portal
This online service allows applicants to track their DA’s, CC’s and CDC’s and streamline the application process.
Applicants can create an account and then lodge their DA’s, CC’s and CDC’s. For further information or for assistance please contact our Planning & Environment Department staff.
The portal also has some great step by step guides available on their website including how to set up an account and lodge an application: https://www.planningportal.nsw.gov.au/support/how-guides
Council encourages all applicants to arrange a pre lodgement meeting with the Planning & Environment staff to ensure all required paperwork is ready before lodgement.
This is the process that Council recommends you follow:
- Contact our Planning Team on 02 6033 8999 to discuss your application and to arrange a pre DA meeting if required.
- Visit the NSW Planning Portal to lodge your DA, CC or CDC online (see instructions below).
- Register for a NSW Planning Portal account to start your application.
- Log in to complete the online application form.
- For DA’s and CC's you will need to submit a State of Environmental Effects, owner's consent, cost estimate report as well as all supporting plans and documents.
- For CDC’s you will need to submit a certificate of title, site plan, design plans, structural plans and building specifications and applications checklist.
- Once we receive your application, Council will do a preliminary assessment and contact you to arrange payment of fees or request additional information.
- Once Council is satisfied with the information provided and fees are paid, your application can be lodged.
Anyone wishing to lodge a Development Application (DA) or request a Complying Development Certificate (CDC) or Construction Certificate (CC) will need to establish their own account on the NSW planning portal.
How to access the NSW Planning Portal
Register for a NSW Planning Portal account to start your application and receive a single secure login.
This will enable you to access your dashboard, view, manage, track and progress applications, pay state agency fees and submit documents. You will also receive email notifications at key stages of the application process.
Create your account now and view the status of a Development Application via the DA tracker which allows you to see all DA's submitted throughout the Federation Council area and state.