If you have a few hours to spare and would like to help achieve some great things in your community, then there are plenty of opportunities to engage in volunteer work in the Federation Council area.
Around 6 million Australians make a difference in their local community by volunteering each year, doing a wide range of tasks for a wide range of not-for-profit organisations. Volunteers can experience working for causes they are interested in, or assist in creating change in areas that are important to them. They can also build new skills, meet new people and add variety to their work experience.
Find information about the types of volunteer work available in the region. Federation Council can assist with linking volunteer skills, interests and personal preferences with local groups and organisations to make it easier for volunteers to make a difference in their local community.
What Volunteers Can Offer
- Skills, abilities and experience
- A fresh perspective and new ideas on how your organisation can do things
Why People Volunteer
- To gain skills - job skills, communication skills, personal and professional development
- Opportunity to share their skills and experience
- To gain satisfaction from doing something to make a difference to the world we live in
- To gain experience - to add to their CV or to gain a written/verbal reference
- To have fun
- To experience new challenges
- Interest in the idea/project
- Social interaction/meet new people
- Doing something different
- Contributing to the community
- Gaining work experience