Ageing Well Advisory Committee
What does the Ageing Well Advisory Committee do?
The Ageing Well Advisory Committee provides advice and support to Federation Council regarding issues affecting the lives of older people in the Federation Council.
Role of the Ageing Well Advisory Committee
Ageing Well Advisory Committee members are in general expected to:
- Prepare for, attend and participate in meetings and other planned activities. Attendance can be in person or via a communication platform such as phone or video conferencing.
- Contribute expertise and knowledge on the on the delivery of the Ageing Well Strategy 2018-2022.
- Represent and advocate for older people in the community.
- To listen to other seniors in the community and bring their views to the group for discussion.
- Provide feedback to other seniors from the community what happens in the meetings and what they should know about and get involved.
- Respond to enquiries from the Council regarding specific senior issues in the Federation Council area, including participation in senior focused reference groups and advisory committees.
- Advise Council of effective ways to engage with the Federation Council community regarding ageing well and the health and wellbeing of older people.
- Help Council define the important strategic issues regarding ageing well about which Council can advocate to State and Federal Government and other relevant authorities and stakeholders.
- To assist Council to plan, organise and implement initiatives agreed upon by the Ageing Well Advisory Committee.
- Assist in the organisation of an annual Seniors Festival event or activity.
When does the Ageing Well Advisory Committee meet?
The Ageing Well Advisory Committee meets at the Corowa Civic Centre on the first Monday of the month at 10am.
Members can join face to face or via video conferencing.
Who are members of this committee?
The Ageing Well Advisory Committee is made up of members of the community, who are aged over 55 and are passionate about promoting a better lifestyle for everyone in their later years.
- Stanley Bromley
- Ida Mensforth
- Wendy Eyers
- Jenny Enever
- Mike Gardiner
Current Membership Vacancies
The committee currently has two vacant community representative positions.
If you would like to discuss a matter with the Ageing Well Advisory Committee, please contact Council.
Download the Ageing Well Advisory Committee Terms of Reference, Position Description and Nomination Form (Word accessbile) or complete the online Nomination Form from this page.
Click here to view form.