Federation Youth Council
What is the Youth Council?
The Federation Youth Council comprises a group of young people aged 15 & 25 years and provides young people a forum to express their views, advise Council on youth-related issues, and help organise youth driven and focused events and activities.
2018/2019 Federation Youth Councillors
The Federation Youth Councillors for 2018 /2019 are
- Federation Youth Mayor, Dylan Forge.
- Federation Youth Deputy Mayor, Olivia Hughes.
- Councillor Liam Summons.
- Councillor Caitlin Moir.
- Councillor Tyler Martin.
- Councillor Noah Little.
What does the Youth Council do?
The Youth Council aims to:
- Provide a forum for young people to express their views on important issues affecting young people in the Federation Council.
- Provide an opportunity for young people to become involved in and contribute to the wellbeing of local young people and the wider community.
- Provide a youth perspective to Council in a structured and formal way.
- Give young people the opportunity to actively participate in Local Government planning and decision making processes.
- Promote and encourage the involvement of youth in the planning, development and implementation of activities associated directly or indirectly with young people.
Benefits to Youth Councillors
The following opportunities will be provided to young people who become a Youth Councillor:
- The development of skills and knowledge in advocacy, leadership, governance and teamwork through structured learning opportunities.
- Being mentored by Councillors and Council staff and provided with hands on experience in running meetings, public speaking, event management and marketing.
- Participating in youth focused reference groups and advisory committees.
- Meeting with and discussing maters of importance to young people with the Federation Council Mayor and Councillors
- Potential meetings with local members of Government and learning more about State and Local Government.
- The opportunity to participate in a Youth Council Conference.
- Be invited and given free access to all events and functions organised by Federation Youth Council.
- Recognition of their volunteer work and a reference for future employment opportunities.
- A Youth Council pack containing business cards, a business folder and notepad, and drink bottle.
- The opportunity to make a difference in the community.
Meetings of the Youth Council are held on Tuesdays, usually every four weeks.
Where and When
Meetings take place at the Corowa Council Chambers / Community Meeting Room, 100 Edward Street, Corowa and the Oaklands CWA Rooms, Cnr Milthorpe & Coreen Street, Oaklands.
4:45 pm – 6:45 pm (Corowa) and 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm (Oaklands).
Want to know more?
If you would like to more about the Youth Council contact Amber Harvey, Community Development Team Leader on 02 6033 8974 or email email@example.com
How can you become involved?
If you would like to be part of the Youth Council, you can nominate by completing the Complete the online Nomination Form or download and print the nomination form(PDF, 201KB)