Federation Youth Council
The Federation Youth Council is an advisory committee of Council, made up of a group of young adults.
They who meet regularly to:
- Discuss issues that affect young people.
- Provide advice to Council on how this issues can be addressed.
- Develop youth-driven and focused projects and events for young people.
The Federation Youth Council aims to represent and advocate the opinions, issues and concerns of young people across the Federation area.
What does the Federation Youth Council do?
The Federation Youth Council provides a forum for young people to express their views, advise Council on youth-related issues, and help organise youth driven and focused events and activities.
Youth Council is a 12 month commitment.
When does the Federation Youth Council meet?
The Federation Youth Council meets at the Corowa Civic Centre on the second Tuesday of the month at 4:45 pm.
Who are members of this committee?
The 2019 / 2020 Federation Youth Council is made up of nine members of the community, who are aged between 15 and 25 years old.
Why be a Youth Councillor?
- Develop employability skills such as leadership, interpersonal, creative and critical thinking skills.
- Learn hands-on skills in project conception and development, teamwork, business relationships, and public speaking.
- Design and implement creative community projects of their own choosing.
- Develop a greater understanding of and make meaningful connections with their community.
- Are mentored and supported by Councillors, Council staff and community leaders.
Interested in becoming a Youth Councillor?
Are you aged between 15 and 25 years and passionate about making change in your town?
Do you energy and the desire to make the Federation area a better place for young people?
Have an idea for an event or project that is youth focused?
Click here to view form.