Federation Youth Council
The Federation Youth Council is an advisory committee of Council that represents young people in the Federation area. The Youth Council provides a platform for young people to have a voice, provide feedback, advice and views on issues that are important to them and other young people in your community.
Federation Youth Council is open to 12–25-year-old young people who live, learn, work or connect with the Federation area.
What’s in it for you?
- Free food at meetings.
- Meet new people.
- Hang out with friends.
- Get to see your ideas come to fusion.
- End boredom or at least make something exciting happen in your town.
- Be part of positive change.
- Change to sit on other committees.
- Looks good on your resume.
What experience can you gain?
- Opportunities to participate in training and workshops for personal development and future possibilities.
- Develop employability skills such as leadership, team work and collaboration, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Learn hands on-skills such as running and facilitating meetings, community engagement, developing and leading projects, advocacy and more
Be part of a dynamic team that organises local events and activities.
As a Federation Youth Councillor, you can:
- Support local initiatives and projects for young people.
- Help organise youth driven and focused events and activities.
- Plan, organise and facilitate a youth week initiative.
- Volunteer at events and within the community.
Be the voice that advocates and creates action for young people.
The Youth Council is:
- A forum for young people to express their views in a safe environment.
- An outlet to provide advice to the council and the community about addressing issues that young people face.
- A chance for youth to say what they would like in their towns.
- An important opportunity for young people to engage with the council and have input into Council decisions.
Be part of an inclusive committee where your opinion is valued.
Youth Council aims to be inclusive:
- It is open to all young people across the Federation Council area.
- We encourage young people from a low socio-economic background, LGBTQIA+ identifying, young people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse to apply.
- The group meets for 2 hrs per month for meetings (not including Public Holidays or School Holidays).
- You can join face-to-face or via video conferencing.
- Meeting locations are set by the Youth Council which can be in one town or alternative meeting locations between towns.
Have a Question?
If you have any questions regarding the Youth Council, you can call Amber. Her number is 0407 998 777.
You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please complete the form below to apply to be a Federation Youth Councillor.
Click here to view form.