Capital Works Projects Update - January 2021
Published on 16 February 2021
Council has an ongoing program of capital works and upgrades to buildings, parks, playgrounds and roads across the Federation Council Region.
The following activities were undertaken within the month of January 2021 by Federation Council’s Works teams:
- Fixing Local Roads Program – Drainage Maintenance - Table drain maintenance completed and works in Oaklands in Thompson and Morundah in Widgiewa Street are being constructed.
- Heavy patching Spring Drive MR314 and MR86 various segments 18 Heavy Patches – RMS State Roads repair program.
- Kyffins Reserve road upgrade – Stronger Community Project.
- Savernake Road widening - 2 km section Riverina Hwy end.
- Corowa Aquatic Centre carpark reconstruction - completion of kerb works and preparation well under way in the gravel pavement of the front section of the carpark.
- Holbeach Street Howlong drainage.
- LRCI grant – Work commenced on three Intersection upgrades in Howlong,
- Heavy Trucks - Support Grader Gangs & Construction Gangs on maintenance – hauling spoil, gravel, and sand.
- Various customer requests.
- Pothole patching various locations throughout the Council area.
- Sign replacement.
- Continuation of work on Federation Way at Morundah.