Council Facilities Update
Published on 26 March 2020
With the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation evolving daily, Council’s focus remains on keeping our community safe and informed as quickly as possible.
In line with Government restrictions and in the interest of public safety, the following facility closures will be in effect from Thursday 27 March for the foreseeable future:
- Council managed playgrounds in all towns and villages;
- Skate Parks located in Corowa and Howlong;
- Some public toilets located across the Council area. View the list of public toilets that will remain open;
- Fitness equipment located in parks across the Council area; and
- Recreation Reserves located throughout the Council area.
These are in addition to the current closures:
- All Council Offices, located in Corowa, Howlong, Mulwala and Urana and any agency services normally associated within those buildings;
- Work depots located in Corowa and Urana;
- Corowa Service NSW Agency, you can contact them directly on 6930 9198 to have your enquiry dealt with over the phone;
- Council Libraries located in Corowa, Howlong and Mulwala;
- Corowa Visitor Information Centre.
Ovals and open space areas including within parks are generally remaining open unless otherwise advised, in recognition that the public still need space to get outside on some occasions if social distancing requirements are maintained.
Council continues to deliver its vast range of services during this time. Council is monitoring this situation very closely and will rely on any new advice received and review and advise accordingly.
Find out the latest updates regarding the impact of COVID-19.