How to apply
To apply for approval, complete the Trade Waste Application Form or complete the online form below.
In your application you will need to provide the following information:
- Details of the activity or processes generating liquid waste.
- Details of any existing or proposed liquid trade waste pre-treatment equipment.
- Source of water supply.
- Hours of the day during which discharge to sewer will normally take place.
You will need to submit with the application:
- A schematic layout of the proposed/existing pre-treatment facilities for liquid trade waste prior to discharge to the sewerage system.
- Capacity/dimensions, material of construction and lining of all tanks, pits and apparatus associated with the liquid trade waste process.
- Stormwater drainage plan for the site.
- Safety Date Sheets (SDS) for any chemical proposed to be used as part of the trade waste process.
Depending on the type of business you are operating, further information may be requested at the application stage.
If you are not the owner of the property, you will need to seek permission from the owner and get them to sign the application form(PDF, 223KB).
Council can provide information on pre-treatment options applicable for your business operations. Contact Council’s Environmental Health Officer on (02) 6033 8999 if you need assistance.
Click here to view form.