BBQ & Picnic Safety
Here are some safety rules to follow for BBQ’s and picnics:
- Transport all meat, seafood, salads, dips and cheeses in an esky.
- Always clean the public BBQ and table before using. Take detergent, paper towel and sanitising wipes with you.
- Check you have cooked the meat through and it’s not raw in the middle before eating.
- Throw away leftover food that hasn’t been kept cold.
- Make sure cooked meat reaches the fridge within 2 hours so you can refuse for leftovers.
- If there is nowhere to wash your hands with soap and warm water while preparing food, sue sanitiser wipes and hand sanitiser.
- Ensure kids clean their hands before eating.